Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Seeing Jesus

My husband and I were preparing to lead our small group in a study of the proofs of the resurrection.  As we looked at attitudes and beliefs of the disciples following the resurrection it became clear that most of them did not believe in the resurrection--at least not at first.

In Luke 24 we read the account of the disciples on the road to Emmaus who were unknowingly in the presence of Jesus.  In verse 24 the disciples said, "Some of those who were with us went to the tomb and found it just exactly as the women also had said; but Him they did not see."

Apparently even seeing the empty tomb was not enough.  They needed to see Jesus.  And, because He loved them, He appeared to many of them so they could grasp the important truth.

And, really, not much has changed.  Because unless we see Jesus we usually don't believe.

This is what my Operation Christmas Child journey has done for me.  I know these simple gifts have power to change the lives of children and families around the world, but they have also changed my life.

OCC has allowed me to see Jesus in ways I never could before.  Little by little He has wooed me to trust Him for greater things and in the process of seeing the miracle of His provision I have SEEN Him.

I am leaving in less than 12 hours for the Operation Christmas Child Connect Conference in Orlando, Florida, where we will celebrate the 100 million boxes God has provided through a series of miracles over the past 20 years.

I'm hoping to blog through this weekend so stop back and visit.  Together, I know we'll see Jesus.




No comments:

Post a Comment