Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Shoe-pendous

Previously I wrote that I'm collecting new shoes for our Operation Christmas Child shoe boxes--purchased with money donated by a friend in my small group.  This dear man saw one of the pictures I posted of someone wearing shoes made out of an empty 2 liter soda bottle and God put it on his heart to donate money for shoes.

My goal has been to collect at least 250 pairs and today God blessed me with 17 more.  I saw the hint from the "Clip With Purpose" facebook page that Big Lots had 90% off the clearance price on hats and gloves.

It was raining and I'd just gotten settled into my recliner chair after school.  I almost talked myself out of going out to check the store because I figured everything would be gone.

I'm so glad I went, though.  There were no gloves or hats--only 3 scarves on the shelf.  But then I spotted these nice fleece lined shoes with hard bottoms.  Regular price was $12.00 for each pair, but I got them for 60 cents each.   So now 17 more children will get a chance to have their feet covered.

It doesn't end there.  I alerted Heather Rogers who lives near the east side Big Lots and she scored 60-70 more items there--mostly gloves and some hats.   I love good, cheap items, don't you?

So far God has blessed us with a total of 113 nice pairs of shoes for a total cost of $185.90.

Nothing short of shoe-pendous!

No comments:

Post a Comment