Saturday, May 18, 2013

Good Vibrations


Last week our local newspaper had a status on their Facebook page asking for people who go to yard sales to respond to them for an upcoming article.  I e-mailed them about our stuffed animal safaris for Operation Christmas Child.

This week I was contacted by Dana Massing, the religion editor, for more details about our hunts.  Dana has been a good friend to OCC locally, and I was excited to think we might be included in the yard sale article.

But I was surprised yesterday morning to find a stand-alone article in the Erie Times-News about our stuffed animal safaris with a plea for donations included.  You can read it by clicking here.

All day long yesterday my phone sat on my desk vibrating.  Already I have had 37 calls from people wanting to donate stuffed animals.  Some are older folks who only have one or two to donate and some are parents of children who have bags full.  But every one counts.  I can't wait to see how many God brings into our ark from this one media opportunity.

Good vibrations.

No comments:

Post a Comment