Tuesday, August 28, 2012

31 Days of Packing Party Blessings


31 days from right now we'll be finishing the September 28th Operation Christmas Child youth packing party and on the eve of our regular September 29th packing party.

So tonight I'm starting a countdown of 31 Packing Party Blessings that God has given to provide for these 20,000 simple gifts.

This first one may seem strange because it goes back to spring of 2011 but I'm convinced that without the 2011 Operation Christmas Child Connect Conference there may have been no 2012 packing party in my future.

I arrived at that conference discouraged and so close to quitting on OCC that it's painful to remember.  You can read my post about it here.

Though I didn't hear an audible voice, God spoke to me in clear ways in those few days and used them to encourage me and solidify my call to Operation Christmas Child.   I'm not sure I would have been looking toward this 31-day countdown to the packing party without that conference.

This leads me to the reminder of how many of us are in dry places right this minute.  For all you know, someone in your sphere of influence today might be in that place of discouragement.  You could bring the word that will keep that person going so he or she can fulfill God's plan.

Say the Word.

No comments:

Post a Comment