Saturday, August 4, 2012

Cleaning Up



This has been a long week that involved cleaning up my Operation Christmas Child life.  I was blessed to spend some great quality time with my Regional Director, Leigh Fisher, on Monday and Tuesday.

Leigh is such an incredible servant.  She not only talked me through the process of selecting relay centers but even helped me organize my files.  She poured into my life and filled my tank in so many ways in the hours we spent together.

I had to change gears quickly mid-week, though, and start organizing the Operation Christmas Child storage container and also preparing my home for company.

I know it's hard to believe, but after three days of solid work most of the shoe box items in my house are out of sight.  I scurried to stash things in the attic and in closets.  I replaced batteries in toys and combed dolls' hair and tucked them into crates.

 Our spare bedrooms now look like bedrooms instead of storage areas.  This is a rare miracle and it won't last but it's great for a few days.

In the midst of this, I amassed the rest of the needed crayons this week and was blessed with another 600 stuffed animals in the last two days alone.  

I stand amazed once again as God opens the doors of heaven.  When it comes to blessings, I think I'm cleaning up.






No comments:

Post a Comment