Sunday, May 17, 2009

Wondering

I tried going to bed but I can't sleep.  It's one of those days when I just keep wondering how all these Operation Christmas Child 'ends' will come together.  I was so happy yesterday when God provided 230 stuffed animals and a bunch of filler toys at yard and rummage sales.  Even though I had to teach a mother-daughter class at St. Vincent, God led me to the right sales at the right times to get a haul of stuff.

Today, though, the doubts are creeping in.  The staff at Wesley Church is dwindling and I wonder how long I'll be able to keep packing boxes there.  I haven't approached anyone at Grace Church to see if they have any space or any interest in being involved with the project.  I don't even know who to speak with about it.  

All day I kept reprogramming myself--reminding myself that I just want to listen to God's voice and have Him coach me to do my very best for Him.  I don't know how it'll all work out, but I can do whatever He puts in front of me today.  He is my sovereign God and has everything under control.  

I just keep praying that He'll lead me to people I can encourage to pack more boxes.  Every box is one more child who can have a 'gospel opportunity' and learn about God's love.

God, there must be so many people right here in Erie who'd be willing to pack a simple shoebox full of gifts if they just knew about Operation Christmas Child.  Show us how to get the word out.  There are so many millions of children waiting to know Your love.  

I keep thinking of that goal I have to pack 10,000 boxes this year.  That's an average of almost 200 boxes every week.  I'm certainly not on track to do that and I don't know if it's possible with so little help, space or resources.  

But God, Your resources are unlimited.   Will you do what only You can do?  You specialize in what Bill Hybels calls Big Hairy Audacious Goals.  

It's a BHAG.  Do it again, God.  Please.

No comments:

Post a Comment