Thursday, February 13, 2014

Living Expectantly


My reading this morning was Exodus 12--God gave an explicit step-by-step procedure for memorializing His deliverance when this deliverance had not yet occurred.

The people were still in bondage in Egypt but God was instructing them on celebrating their victorious release.

God has given me thousands of promises and this morning He reminded me that He wants me to live as though His victory is complete in my life--because every one of those promises is "yes" in Christ.

So I'm thinking about my nearly empty storage container.

But I'm also thinking about the fact that in the five annual Operation Christmas child community-wide packing parties from 2009-2012 God has allowed us to pack a total of just under 78,000 boxes.  If God grants us 22,012 boxes this year it would put us over 100,000 boxes.

I've been thinking about that 100,000.  I've been praying.

And now, by God's grace, I want to expect it!

No comments:

Post a Comment