Tuesday, June 26, 2012

At Least I'm Not Addicted To Shoes

I'm going to have to start tipping the UPS delivery guy.  Yesterday he delivered my new Operation Christmas Child brochures and kits.  Today it was the 10 cases of soap--5,000 bars.

I saw a news item about a guy who is suing his celebrity wife in divorce court because he says he deserves a cut of the value of her collection of 1,200 pairs of designer shoes.

When I posted on Facebook that I never needed to worry about my husband suing me over my shoe collection, a friend wrote back and reminded me about my ark of stuffed animals.  It gave me a laugh but, really, there's no comparison.  My shopping compulsion is limited to items like soap, toothbrushes, toothpaste, and school supplies.

Part of today was spent sorting more bling that was the redemption of Mardi Gras.   An acquaintance of my daughter was in New Orleans during Mardi Gras and remembered that I collect small items for shoeboxes.  She collected all these necklaces and when I sorted them out I got 161.  When I added that to the other two bags of bling I got, I ended up bagging a total of 797 nice shiny jewelry items at no cost--a real answer to prayer

Speaking of prayer--it's time to step it up in praying for the "by faith" goals for June 30th.  In the next 4 days I'm praying for 1 more team member, 1 relay center, and 924 more stuffed animals.

Have I mentioned that I'm addicted to seeing God do what only He can do?

No comments:

Post a Comment