Saturday, April 25, 2009

Overblessed


Sometimes it's hard to know what to do with all God's blessings.  I've been praying for stuffed animals and got 96 more on the yard sale circuit this morning.   When I got home at noon I loaded the 8 cartons of shoe boxes I picked up on Wednesday into the back of the van.  Then I went to visit my mother (and out to lunch with her and my sister) and finally stopped to unload the van at Wesley Church.  

I was so proud of myself for getting my van and most of my house cleared out and getting everything stored in the church storage area.

When I got home there was a message from DSW Shoe Warehouse that they had more boxes for me.  No time to pick them up then as I was headed to Grace Church for the 5:30 service.   After a fantastic time of worship with a clear presentation of God's truth I made the shoe box run and picked up 7 more garbage bags full of boxes.  

The blessings never stop.  Sometimes I'm amazed when I ponder the fact that each of these boxes that I haul and fill will end up in the hands of a child somewhere far away.  God, thank You for the privilege of being able to serve with Operation Christmas Child.

No comments:

Post a Comment