Saturday, April 18, 2009

Getting Stuffed

So I've been praying for stuffed animals.  I like to put a stuffed animal in every box I pack for Operation Christmas Child so the child who receives it will have something to love.  

My prayers were answered this weekend.  Between three rummage sales, two Walgreens with 75% off on Easter toys, 50% off at the Goodwill and some extra donations, I amassed several hundred stuffed toys over the past two days.  

Tomorrow I'm going to hit Target to see if their Easter stuff's at 90% off so I can get some more because you can never have too many stuffies.

Now I'll keep praying for crayons so the packing will continue without a hitch.  Heather Rogers, my OCC Church Relations Coordinator, and I packed 84 more boxes on Friday evening.  

Total now at 1,684.  

No comments:

Post a Comment