Tuesday, June 18, 2013

We Are Glad!

It's been nearly two weeks since I've written an Operation Christmas Child blog.  That's crazy.  I can't remember the last time I let so much time elapse without an update.

But I got caught up in the end of the school year and some family plans and activities.  Sometimes living gets in the way of recording life, and that's as it should be.

Good things are happening in our family.   As soon as I finished the school year last Wednesday, Jim and I hopped a plane for Chicago to help our daughter celebrate the completion of her residency in OB/GYN.  She says she's already delivered over 500 babies and now she starts private practice.  We are glad!

To top that off, she also got engaged on Sunday.  More excitement and, again, we are glad!

Back home again, I'm now on summer vacation.  Boy, am I ever glad!  Today I took 7 large bags of too-big donated stuffed animals to the Salvation Army.  Then I bagged up another 6 bags that are too big for our packing party boxes but could still be used for other Operation Christmas Child boxes being packed by members of our team.  I'd almost forgotten what the carpeting looked like under all that stuff.

Yesterday, God gave me another blessing when I got a call from a vendor I've worked with before.  He's closing his warehouse temporarily and wanted to sell me all his toothbrushes--13,000 of them--all good quality with caps on them.

An hour later I met him at my storage container and we stashed them all inside. Now I only need 9,000 more and I am glad!

Today I spent some time on the phone and the computer and got 7 out of my 10 relay center profile & agreement forms turned in.  They were due last Friday, so I'm late, but still....I'm glad!

And, did I mention....I don't have to go to school tomorrow....

We are glad!


1 comment:

  1. Congrats to your daughter! 500 babies already, wow! I wonder how many deliveries an average OB does over the course of their career.

    ReplyDelete