Thursday, June 6, 2013

Moore Multiples

Sometimes I feel like I have multiple personalities.  Or maybe I just WISH I did.  When it comes to this Operation Christmas Child journey and, to be truthful, this life journey, I just have a hard time achieving balance.

I sway from one thing to another, from one thought to the next.  I'm supposed to be working on making sure my Collection Center (past due) and Relay Centers get their profile & agreement forms in before next Wednesday when I leave for Chicago to celebrate my daughter finishing her residency in ob/gyn.

So there are calls to make, but I'm not making them.

Instead I do other things like get caught up in running a 5K race to benefit Samaritan's Purse relief efforts in Moore, OK.  This is me running as "Brunhilda the Viking Rainbow Princess."  You can still make a donation online by clicking here and scrolling down and clicking on my name to access my page.

Brunhilda has great online and offline friends who have contributed $1080 to help the folks in Moore but maybe Brunhilda is just distracting me from what I'm supposed to be doing.

Today my daughter bought her wedding dress and I'm excited about that.  I also did some legwork on a gift to celebrate my youngest daughter's graduation from her residency.  I also shopped online this week for some potential favors for my daughter's upcoming bridal shower.  I'm trying to get my schools closed up for the year.

Physically I also have difficulty with balance and I think that's because my core is weak.  If I could get my core muscles strengthened I would have balance.

Likewise, I need to strengthen my spiritual core and listen harder for God's voice so I can have balance in my life.

Did I mention that I need to be making phone calls to my Relay Centers?

Multiple personalities.  Maybe I'm on to something.

No comments:

Post a Comment