Wednesday, June 26, 2013

1/2 Ton of Blessings

I love seeing God prepare the way for me.  Last week I ordered 10,000 small bars of soap and 5,000 toothbrushes for our Operation Christmas Child shoeboxes, but I was never contacted by the vendor to arrange for a delivery.

Today I came home from running an errand and found a note in my front door telling me I'd missed a truck delivery.  How could I miss it when I didn't know it was coming?  I called the number for the trucking company and they told me they'd send the driver back.

So about 15 minutes later an 18-wheeler pulled up in front of my house and blocked our narrow residential street while he pulled down the lift gate and dropped the pallet of 35 cartons at the end of my driveway.  He let me know the load was 1/2 ton and seemed disgruntled that he had to return.  I tried to explain that I had no idea the truck was coming in the first place.

In God's providence my sister-in-law was here and was able to help me transfer the cartons to my trusty minivan.

Tonight my husband and I had to drive to the neighborhood of the church where our storage container is located and the dear man navigated the over-heavy van up the hill to the church and helped find space to get those cartons snugly fit into the container.  Then we slipped into the church restrooms to mop the sweat off and change shirts before we were on our way to our meeting.

Thank You God tonight for these blessings--all 1/2 ton of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment