Sunday, February 26, 2012

Strategic Storage


Storage for the items for our Operation Christmas Child boxes has always been a big issue.  We're blessed that Grace Church has provided a 40 ft. storage container for us next to the church.  But we're trusting God for enough items to fill 20,000 boxes this year so we need to make use of every bit of this space.

Today we packed our car with 1100 stuffed animals (11 garbage bags each holding 100 animals) and 33 cartons of coloring books.

When we stacked the cartons of T-Shirts we left just enough room at the top to fit garbage bags of stuffed animals standing up.  I never like to pile the stuffed animal bags on top of each other for fear of suffocating (uh, crushing) the menagerie.

My husband rigged up 'steps' out of cartons for me to climb up to the top of the T-Shirt cartons and then we placed boards on top of those cartons to distribute my weight so I wouldn't crush them.  Good thing I've been doing that Biggest Loser contest at work.

Sorry I don't have a picture of me climbing up there and wrestling the bags into place.  I'm sure it would have been good for a laugh.

There are 1700 animals in the ark now.  Just praying for 18,300 more.   But I figure that our God who "owns the cattle on a thousand hills" will be able to get those with no problem.

He can certainly spare 18 cows per hill.

No comments:

Post a Comment