Thursday, February 10, 2011

Ad-visors



This afternoon I have a call with my Operation Christmas Child Regional Director to talk about my ministry plan for our Northwestern PA Operation Christmas Child area team for 2011. I'm a little hesitant about putting goals on paper when I don't know for sure they're what God has for us this year or whether we can complete them. I guess I prefer 'safe' goals.

I know our shoebox goal of 32011 in 2011 (an increase of 4567 boxes--I love that number) can only happen if God shows up. Our team still has a lot of growing to do but when I look back over the past four years I know we've made a lot of progress. It's hard not to compare our team to others in our region so I have to ask God for the grace to stop doing that.

Meanwhile, I've been praying and asking for advice on visors. I was able to buy a pallet of visors for this year's shoeboxes. When they arrived I found they were really good quality and the price is excellent. I feel like I should buy more. It's nice to have clothing items that are already in cartons and storage-ready instead of running around to stores all the time to get items piecemeal.

On the other hand, it's early in the year and I don't know what else God might want to lead us to. It's also nice to have a variety of items instead of all one thing.

On the other hand, visors are good for boys OR girls and a wide age group. There's no worry about whether they'll fit the children who receive them and we know they fit well in the boxes.

On the other hand (now starting to sound like Tevye in "Fiddler On The Roof"), does God want me to spend so much money all at one time so early in the year.

So I'm asking for prayer and looking for ad-visors. Feel free to chime in with your comments.

1 comment:

  1. Three thoughts - 1) never look a gift horse in the mouth (as my mom would say). Good item, good price, good timing, good idea. 2) Amen, amen to not comparing our teams to one another. It's Satan's playground, and I fight it, too. 3) Finally at a place where I can see God' purpose in goal setting. To me, it's more about how I "see" what God might do and how committed I am to His vision for the team. I'm an 'in here' sort of girl and leave the 'out there' part to Him.

    Love you, Kathy. Great post.

    ReplyDelete