Thursday, April 6, 2017

Connect--Rev. Robert Morris--God Needs You


Tonight's general session began with a Parade of Nations as a team member from each of the 129 different nations represented at the conference carried in his or her nation's flag.  Each was dressed in native garb and it was a moving sight.  

After a greeting from Franklin Graham we also enjoyed performances by the Amani African Children's Choir, Dennis Agajanian, and the Tommy Coomes band.

Then Franklin Graham introduced the speaker for the evening--Rev. Robert Morris from Gateway Church outside Dallas --

Rev. Robert Morris –God Needs You
1) God doesn’t need anything.  I know God is self-existent, self-sufficient and self-sustaining …but while on a cruise I felt God say to me “I need You.” As I studied this I realized...
      2) God decided to need you.  God decided to partner with us
Genesis 2:19 – “Out of the ground God formed every beast…and brought them to Adam to see what he would call them…and that was its name.”   I think he named the birds last and he was getting drowsy and named them ‘bluebird’, ‘redbird’, ‘blackbird’….  Why did God ask Adam to name the animals? He decided to partner with us.  God gave dominion of the earth to Adam and Eve. 
--Mark 6:5,6 “Jesus could do no mighty work there, except that He laid His hands on a few sick people and healed them. And He marveled because of their unbelief.” Couldn’t find anyone to partner with Him.

Numbers jump out at me.
I Samuel 17:4-11  Goliath’s height = 6 cubits and a span; he had 6 pieces of armor that weighed 600 shekels (numbers 666) He was anti-God and being used by the enemy. 

Goliath said “Choose a man and let him come down to me.” If I win you’ll become my servants and if you win I’ll become your servant.  Satan is saying to God, “I’ve got you now.  I’ve got a champion and you don’t have a man who has guts to stand up to my man. I’ve figured out you work through people. I’ve got a guy who’s not afraid and I’m gonna take your people into bondage.”  Satan can see the horizon but he can’t see the future. 

God said, “I don’t need a man. I’ve got a boy and I’ve been preparing him with a lion and a bear.”  Why couldn’t God have just sent a lightning bolt and killed Goliath? 

All through Scripture since creation God is looking for one person to partner with Him—at least in prayer—to get His work done.  Romans 10:14 “…How shall they believe in Him of whom they have not heard? And how shall they hear without a preacher?”  If you’re prompted to talk to someone about God…it’s not the devil prompting you.  Don’t pray, “Send someone to my neighbor to tell them about Jesus.” 

3) Have you decided to need God?  Not for salvation, but for whatever you’re going through right now.

--God is never going to do our part.  We have a part and God has a part and He won’t do our part.  There are some things God’s never going to do. 
--Our part is never supernatural.  David had to sling the stone but God made it hit in exactly the right place. Moses lifted up the rod and God parted the Red Sea.  You can relax. Do your part and let God do His part. 
--Our part is first.  God’s already done His part. He’s sent His Son to pay for our sins and sent His Holy Spirit to empower us and blessed us with every spiritual blessing. Now He’s waiting on us to move.  If the world is going to hear the gospel, God says “It’s your move.” 

I know you’re already doing the work of the Kingdom but in what area do you need a miracle?  What’s your part? 

Let me go back to Adam and Goliath. Speaking of Adam, doesn’t it seem a bit unfair that one man sinned and the whole world was condemned. Before I answer that, let me say anytime you read something in the Word you don’t understand…it’s because you don’t understand.  There’s nothing wrong with the Word.  Since it only took one man to lose it all it only took one man to get it all back.  Since a man lost it, a man had to get it back.  This proves God decided to partner with mankind and His Son had to become a man.  Jesus had to live a perfect life and be punished for our sins so we could go to heaven.

Goliath said, “Choose a man, that he may come down and fight with me…”  Is it possible that Satan said to God, “Choose a man that he might fight with me,” and God said, “Okay, I choose Jesus—we’ll make Him a man.”

You have a choice; you have a part. God was reconciling the world to Himself through Jesus.  People don’t go to hell because they sin; they go to hell because of unbelief.  He that doesn’t believe does not have life.

Our job is easy. We can’t win anyone to Christ; only God can.  I just tell people about Jesus.  I do my part, and God does His part. 

Ask the Holy Spirit, “What are you saying to me through this message.”







No comments:

Post a Comment