Monday, February 29, 2016

Leap Day Affirmation


Our Northwestern PA Operation Christmas Child area team decided to meet today--on Leap Day--because we thought it would be a great way to celebrate this day that comes only once every four years.

It also turned out to be a day when I think I tried to pack a little too much into too little time.  God blessed us with a new application over the weekend, and I  decided on a whim to see if this prospective team member could join us at our meeting.  When I found out she could be here, I offered to do her interview before the meeting and she agreed.

Then, just hours before the meeting, I thought about inviting our two new ministry coordinators to sit in on the interview.  Amazingly, they were both available.

And...right before the meeting my husband and I had to go pick up the car we bought this weekend (another subject for another post.)

Since our team meets at my house the day also involved last-minute cleaning, final touches on the agenda, and also making a trip across town to deliver rope and handles to someone who is making jump ropes.

But...it was all worth it tonight when a record number of 15 turned out for our meeting.  We did a simple Valentine affirmation activity.  We each got a heart with our name on it, then we passed the hearts around the circle and took turns writing a word or phrase of affirmation on each person's heart. Words are my love language, so I know I'll keep that heart in my Bible to re-read many times throughout this year.

Our new Church Relations Coordinator and Community Relations Coordinator each spent time meeting with their teams separately while I met with the other five assorted team members.   Plans were made for more affirmation--of participating churches and groups.

We also got to affirm and congratulate Cathi, our team member who is receiving the Women Making History award from a local organization.  We are so blessed to have her on our team.



There was a lot of laughter tonight, and we even got to see an x-ray of Bob's recent hip replacement. He's not leaping yet, but I'll bet it won't be long.

So let me affirm...having a meeting with a great group of volunteers adds up to a memorable Leap Day.

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete