Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Filling Up

It's hard to believe I haven't blogged for two weeks.  They've been crazy weeks. June 13th was my last day of work as a school nurse.  There were retirement parties and end-of-school tasks and then last weekend all my daughters came home so we could host a bridal shower for my youngest.

Still, I am amazed at how God has been working to fill our storage container with items for our Operation Christmas Child packing party.  On May 13th I noted on this blog that we had only 646 major anchor items for the 23,000 boxes we are praying to pack.

In the past five weeks God has opened doors for the purchase of water bottles  and hats and flip-flops and T-shirts--enough to bring our new total to 14,900 major items.

Today we got a shipment of 3500 nice kids' baseball hats.  I only ordered them last Thursday and had no idea they'd even been shipped.  The trucking company was supposed to call to arrange delivery but...

imagine my surprise when the church admin at the church we attend called me this morning to tell me there was a large delivery there in the church office.

By God's grace my husband and a friend of his were here and were able to drive to the church and move the cartons to the storage container.  I'm not sure I could have handled that on my own this morning.

So it didn't go the way I'd planned but the container is filling up.

Next I need to try to recruit a team to plan the packing party and get a meeting set up.  I'm still not sure how this packing party is going to happen, but I believe it will.

Just keep filling us up, Lord.

2 comments:

  1. What items do you try to put in each shoebox?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, candice--we put in paper, pens/pencils, crayons, soap, washcloth, toothbrush, a stuffed animal, a larger anchor item (hat, water bottle or T-shirt) and a few filler toys.

    ReplyDelete