Saturday, January 25, 2014

Counting Blessings


Yeah, I know I should probably be better organized than this.  I do record my Operation Christmas Child shoebox items purchased in a notebook throughout the year, but when it comes to the receipts I just shove them into an Operation Christmas Child GO box until it's income tax time.

On this cold and snowy Saturday I decided it was time to tackle the tabulation chore.  As I sorted through the stacks, circling the total on each receipt I was reminded of the blessings God provided...

Every pencil.  Every pair of shoes.  Every box of crayons.

I try to save every receipt, so there were many with a total of $1.06--from those trips to the cash register with 4 boxes of crayons for .25 each.  I was reminded of all the helpful cashiers and store personnel and all the friends on Facebook and the OCC Extranet who provided tips for where to find bargains.

Then I went to the Oriental Trading, Office Max and Dollar Days websites and checked my accounts to print receipts I was missing.  Again I saw how God used so many different avenues to bless me through the year.

I'm glad for the chance to work on this project today because I so needed the reminder of God's goodness.  The God who provided so well for these boxes in 2013 is the same One who will provide all we need for 2014.

Because He is faithful.  He is good.  He is more than enough.

Praise God from whom all blessings flow.


No comments:

Post a Comment