Monday, July 8, 2013

More From Michaels

This is a busy week with my mother's 100th birthday party coming up on Saturday and my daughter's bridal shower on Sunday.  We're also getting all the carpets in our house cleaned tomorrow.

Today's agenda involved cleaning up messes NOT making them.  But when I was in the check-out line at Michaels with my four little spools of ribbon, I saw big boxes marked "grab bag" for $2.00 each.

Of course I couldn't resist buying one.  I took it to the car and opened it and found about 25 nice journals and notebooks and some other fun items.  The stuff was so great for $2.00 that I decided to take a gamble and go in and buy five more boxes.

To add to the fun, one of our OCC team members wrote a letter to the editor about our need for stuffed animals that was published in today's paper and included my phone number.  So I've been getting calls throughout the day, too.

I thought about putting the boxes into the attic to deal with next week, but I just couldn't wait to check them out.  And once I started I couldn't stop.

The total number of items in those boxes was 855, meaning I paid about 1 and 1/2 cents for each item.  There were pens and erasers and lots of notebooks, as well as stickers and craft items.



I ended up with about 500 usable items for shoeboxes and some other items that I'll probably be able to use for projects later.

it's sorted and stashed (sort of).  After hearing about so many others getting great deals at Michaels and coming up dry over and over again....it felt good to finally score there.

My plan was just to buy some ribbon, but thank You, God, for giving me more at Michaels.


No comments:

Post a Comment