Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Holy Week 'Ad'-Visors

I knew I would be off school this week so it was the perfect time to schedule the delivery of a blessed shipment for our Operation Christmas Child shoeboxes.  What better gift could I want for Easter?

By God's grace I was able to purchase 7,072 nice sturdy visors for our boxes from a wholesaler who gave me a good price on all he had.  This is a great answer to my prayers for God to provide a clothing item for every one of our boxes this year.  This delivery brings us to over 14,150 clothing items so I'm praying for another 7,850.

I'm praising God for stopping the snow we've been having to allow us to get these stashed in the container fairly easily.  I'm also grateful for my dear husband who helped with the toting and also with the logistics of trying to figure out where to put them in the container.  I was especially blessed when this vendor willingly donated 600 packs of silly bandz and about 1000 medium-sized balls printed with superhero characters that will bless so many children with a fun toy.

As you can see, the space is filling up.  It takes a lot of thinking to figure out how to use every inch so that we'll have room for the 200 bags filled with 20,000 stuffed animals that we're praying for...and the 22,000 tubes of toothpaste and toothbrushes and bars of soap and crayons.

I'm sure glad God promises to provide all we need...

and to be our best advisor.

No comments:

Post a Comment