Friday, March 9, 2012

Having A Ball


In the past week or so I've bought 4,452 beach balls from Oriental Trading Company for our Operation Christmas Child shoeboxes.  Only 4,080 have arrived so far and here they are in the back of our trusty minivan.

Today, even though my husband was packing to leave for a mission trip to help with rebuilding homes in Joplin, MO, he took the time to go to the storage container with me to help with the unloading.

I was able to get a good deal on these balls because they are printed with "Class of 2011" but I honestly don't think the kids who'll be playing with them will care what year is printed on them.   I blew one up to try it out and they hold air well, bounce high, and are great for throwing.

And besides their traditional ball functions, I'm praying they'll do something else.  I'm praying they'll help nearly 4,500 children know that Jesus loves them.

I'm praying that knowing His love will give them a real reason to celebrate.

And I'm praying they'll have a ball.


No comments:

Post a Comment