Sunday, October 14, 2018

Homecoming


Homecoming. My Facebook newsfeed has been filled with pictures of my friends' children in beautiful dresses ready to attend homecoming dances.  So I, too, decided to post pictures of beautiful dresses. There aren't any children wearing them yet, but they're on their way to share the love of Jesus  with the girls who will one day wear them.  

God blessed me this year with 31 fancy dresses that I've found at rock-bottom sale prices--dresses that would cost many times what I paid for them.  So at tonight's Operation Christmas Child area team meeting we decided to have a mini packing party and put them all into boxes with matching shoes, jewelry, and hair ornaments.  

And, by God's design, I had 31 quality Barbie dolls that I purchased at 90% off when Toys R Us went out of business.  They made the perfect fillers!

After we packed our boxes we talked about homecoming--the ultimate homecoming described in Revelation 7:9-12--"After these things I looked, and behold, a great multitude which no one could count, from every nation and all tribes and peoples and tongues, standing before the throne and before the Lamb, clothed in white robes, and palm branches were in their hands; and they cry out with a loud voice saying, "Salvation to our God who sits on the throne, and to the Lamb." And all the angels were standing around the throne and around the elders and the four living creatures; and they fell on their faces before the throne and worshiped God, saying, "Amen, blessing and glory and wisdom and thanksgiving and honor and power and might be to our God forever and ever. Amen."

I can't wait for that homecoming, and I'm praying the little girls who receive these dresses will be there--around the throne to worship the Lamb.

As you look at these special dresses will you pray for that, too?














1 comment: