Monday, September 3, 2018

No Business


That's what the little voice in my head keeps telling me today...you have no business leading an Operation Christmas Child team, let alone a large packing party.

I feel like I spend the majority of my time sorting, washing, and processing stuffed animals, and that's not what a leader does. A leader recruits and selects and trains and develops and equips other leaders so they can/will do those jobs.

Meanwhile, I think constantly of all the things I should have done or should be doing. I've dropped so many balls that there are none in the air anymore.

I didn't follow through with a local appliance store who offered to collect stuffed animals for us. I have not contacted our local Chick-fil-A to see if they want to participate with us in November to collect boxes. I haven't sent out the monthly prayer requests to our prayer partners yet. Wait, I'm supposed to have other people doing all those things, right? Yep...and I would if I was recruiting. Sigh.

So why am I writing a blog, you might ask? Yeah, I'm wondering about that too.

Meanwhile...for the moment all the stuffed animals are off the living room floor (including the donation of 180 that came at 5:00 this afternoon.)  We only need 5,213 more to get to 30,000 in case you've been following that journey.  I started the script for the packing party opening but never finished it.

I have notes written for a meeting with the two central packing party leads.

Oh, and I'm ready to go pick up a large donation of crayons tomorrow that I don't need until 2019 and will have to find a place to store. I don't think that's on my OCC job description but then...very little of what I do is.

Every morning I beg God to show me step by step what He wants me to do. Some days I see answers to that prayer and some days I really don't.

Still, I have confidence God's called me to lead our area team and promises, as I've mentioned before, that His strength is made perfect in my weakness.

And I know we're on the verge of another victory with this packing party in just 11 days. WAIT! Is it really 11 days?  Stay tuned for more reports as we watch our strong God do what only He can do in the middle of our weakness.

Because, without Him, we definitely have NO BUSINESS doing any of this.


1 comment:

  1. Kathy, thank you so much for sharing this. As a first year AC I feel as though I have dropped the ball on so many things and done a lousy job. Very often I think I have no business being in this position. I don't know how to do it, I don't know what I'm doing and I certainly am not a leader, I have all my life been a quiet,painfully shy follower. What am I doing here???
    Then I am reminded of the prayer that goes into this ministry, and I am gently reminded that this is GOD'S ministry and GOD'S children and there is no way that He would allow my hands to touch this if He did not will it so because it is His. And I am humbled and eternally grateful that He would choose this broken and cracked pot to share Him and His love with the children of the world. Eternally grateful, thank you Jesus.

    ReplyDelete