Saturday, July 8, 2017

Night Watch


Okay, so...I can't seem to keep up with anything these days.  I feel kind of like this nondescript thing pictured here that came in a bag of donated stuffed animals.  Out of shape.  Out of sorts.  Out of synch.

Unable to sleep, I decided to check my blog and was stunned to find I haven't written in three weeks again.  I alternate between feeling overwhelmed and feeling foolish for feeling overwhelmed.

We've been praying week by week for stuffed animals and God keeps providing--maybe we're not seeing all we've prayed for but I believe God's providing them.  Last week we prayed for 1,000 and have 528 in hand.  Week before last, though, we got 1,451 in just one week!

This week we're praying for 1,000 again.  Today I spent 7 hours at yard sales and managed to snag 213.  I know I'll be picking up more at church tomorrow.  It'll be interesting to see where the total lies. We still need a total of 11,300 more before September 23rd.  

Meanwhile, we're finally having our first packing party planning meeting tomorrow.  I've never been a great planner, so I can't seem to get a firm agenda in line for tomorrow's meeting.  To make matters worse, I double booked tomorrow afternoon.  I scheduled the meeting for 3:00 and at 4:00 I'm supposed to be at a training for the day camp where I'll be volunteering this coming week.  I definitely need a firm agenda for this meeting, and I don't have one.  Oh, and I need to get the house cleaned before tomorrow afternoon, too.

And, I promised to get a plan for regional prayer calls set up and I haven't done that yet.  I did finally get my winter clothes put away this week, though.

On a high note, I can finally announce our exciting family news--we're going to be first-time grandparents right around Christmas time.  This is a true blessing after a few miscarriages over the past year and a half. To say we're full of anticipation is a gross understatement.

As I sit here and watch the full moon tonight I'm thanking God for His amazing answers to prayer.  I want to recognize them more often.  Today I talked with a woman at a yard sale who said she packed four boxes for Operation Christmas Child for the first time last year.  I asked her how she heard about the project and she said she saw it on someone's Facebook page.  As I walked back to my car I thanked God for using social media to bring gospel opportunities to more children.  You just never know how something simple like hitting the 'share' button on a Facebook post can be used by God to answer prayer--your prayers, my prayers, or the prayers of children on the other side of the world.

By the way, do you think any of them are praying for the thing in this picture?


No comments:

Post a Comment