Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Convergence

It's hard for me to believe that just a few months ago the storage container we use for our Operation Christmas Child packing party was nearly empty and we weren't sure we'd even host a packing party this year.

Now I'm seeing a web of details converging at once and wondering how all of it will be sorted out.

Our container is getting filled up.  The 27 bins pictured above are loaded with flip-flops, but  none of them are sorted by age and gender.  Cathi Mitchell, a local woman with a great heart, has been hosting a flip-flop drive called "Walk A Mile In My Shoes" and it will culminate this Saturday as we line a local 1/4 mile track with flip-flops (2 pair abreast) to make a mile.

I have no idea how many flip-flops will be donated and whether I'll need to transport these bins of flip-flops I purchased to get to the 1 mile goal.  Whether I do or not, they'll eventually need to be unpacked and sorted.

Also this Saturday I have another OCC friend coming to pick up the coloring books we can't use at our packing party to make space in the container.

Speaking of space, I wonder how much space the donated flip-flops will take.  And how will we store them?  Guess I should round up some boxes for that.

And then there's the load of 5 pallets (27,000 bars) of soap I ordered.  It may be shipped this coming Friday...or maybe next Monday.  Who will help unload it and where will it fit in the container?

Then there's the 18,000+ washcloths and 96,500 pencils my patient friend Loretta has been storing for me.  She lives about six hours away, and we've been praying for months for God to provide a way to get those items transported.  A great couple have volunteered to do that, and we thought that trip might be slated for this weekend also.  Turns out, though, that it will have to wait for another week.

As I see God providing in so many ways, I can't wait to see how this is all going to come together.

Convergence...

No comments:

Post a Comment