Thursday, October 14, 2010

Operation Christmas Child Packing Party Video

The video of our Operation Christmas Child packing party here in Erie on September 25th that was produced by a crew from Samaritan's Purse is up on YouTube. We packed 12,670 boxes that day and the video perfectly portrays the energy and chaos of the day juxtaposed with the calm and peace of the meaning in what we were doing. I especially like the scenes of us praying around the truck for the boxes.





Meanwhile, God's using the packing party in ways I didn't expect. Yesterday I had a phone call from Jeannie in Colorado. I've never met her but she saw the video of the packing party and looked up my number online. Jeannie's sweet daughter Aubry drowned in 2009 when she was 3 & 1/2 years old. In her memory Jeannie is planning a shoebox packing party on November 18th (Aubry's birthday) and wondered if I had any ideas for her. I really didn't--except to say that God provides for every person in different ways. We were able to pray together and I KNOW God has great plans for the boxes she'll pack in Aubry's name.

2 comments:

  1. My daughter and I viewed the video and I was just about to burst into tears to see just how God provided all the goodies that were used to fill those boxes.

    This will be my third year participating and I am praying to God that He will provide all that is necessary so that we can pack more boxes than we did last year.

    I have been reading your previous posts and following your journey right up to your packing party and it has been so edifying to read how when you asked you have received from our gracious and giving Father. I have been inspired and motivated.

    May the peace of Christ dwell in your heart always.
    Sydney

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sydney, we serve such an AWESOME God! Even five years ago I never could have imagined this packing party happening. I've never had the gift of faith but God led me step by step with such great care. And, as you said, HE provided everything needed to fill these boxes. And now He's starting again for next year already. God has used Operation Christmas Child to lead me on a journey of faith that just keeps going and I know He's doing the same for you, too. I can't wait to hear how He provides for your boxes this year. Please keep in touch.

    ReplyDelete