Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Generally Blessed


Today was one of the days I wait for--90% off at Dollar General on summer clothes and shoes. I made it to 8 stores today and was blessed with 444 clothing items for Operation Christmas Child shoe boxes. Now I'm sorting and bagging the bounty.

For the first year that I can remember, I don't really need these items to meet my goal of packed boxes for the current year so I'm trying to decide where to store them.

Should I start taking stuff to the loft at Grace Church in hopes of having another giant shoe box packing party next year? Should I take it to the basement of Wesley Church and keep packing boxes throughout the year?

In the midst of these questions I've been doing a lot of speaking for OCC. Last night I was in Albion to speak to the Lions Club's auxiliary and ended up getting lost in the country. I hate country roads--especially at night. They're so creepy and dark and lonely. By God's grace I didn't get attacked by an ax murderer but it felt like I might. Tomorrow I'm headed back into the country again--down to Seneca, PA. Sunday before last I was in Guys Mills (country again) and this Sunday I'm off to Clintonville--which I'm SURE is in the country. Creepy. But I'll drive to the ends of the earth (or at least what seems like it) to beg for more shoe boxes to be packed.

Enough of this. I'm off to sort sandals and think about how to inspire country folks to pack more shoe boxes.

I really am Generally blessed.

2 comments:

  1. Kathy, you are an encouragement like no other! Your blogs document not only how God is at work though you in getting shoe box gifts (and the Good News of Jesus) into the hands of hurting children, but also how you are such a strong woman of faith and prayer throughout the process! May God continue to bless your efforts throughout 2009 and BEYOND!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And blessings back to you, Heather. God has used you in a mighty way to encourage me so many times when the going seemed rough. You are a special blessing to me, my dear friend. God be with you in these last weeks of harvest as you invite groups into your home to pack thousands of boxes for His glory.

    ReplyDelete