Thursday, September 28, 2017

God Never Even Wastes A Chip


Today I've been reading over some of my journal entries from past months and seeing how many prayers God has answered leading up to our large Operation Christmas Child packing party.

I especially love seeing how He does not waste a thing!  One of our local grocery store chains offers points for free gas for the car when purchasing certain items, and I always try to get some of those good deals to keep the minivan running.

A few months ago they had a good deal on Lay's Stax chips.  Each canister cost $1.25 on sale and when you bought 6 of them (total cost of $7.50) you ended up with $12.50 worth of free gas points.  Never one to miss out, I loaded up with 70 of them and when they repeated the deal two months later I bought even more--planning to use them for snacks at the packing party.

On packing party day I heard the story of how the "blessing of the chips" continued.  It turns out that one of our Drop-Off Sites has already planned out their VBS for next summer, and one of the things they are trying to collect is 125 of these chip canisters for a special craft.

When they saw them at the packing party they dug through the bags of trash and ended up with 63 of the canisters!  Well...we also ended up with 28 of these left over at the end of the day.  Angie, our Drop-Off Team Leader from the church just stopped over to pick them up.

God never wastes anything--not even a chip.

1 comment:

  1. HIS Shalom be with you always Kathy,
    I have been reading your blog for a few years now. I tell you that on more than one occasion your testimonies on how the Lord Jesus has faithfully supplied your needs for the ministry of O.C.C...has been such an encouragement and at times has left me in tears.

    I am truly in awe of how God is always so very faithful to supply all of needs. May the Lord continue to bless and strengthen you for the road ahead!

    ReplyDelete