Thursday, August 15, 2013

The Pen Is Mightier

Lately I've been reminiscing about God's great provisions year by year for this Operation Christmas Child journey.  Every year He seems to provide in new and totally different ways.

Sometimes people contact me for tips on how to host a large packing party, assuming I have some secret list of places to obtain low-cost items.  But that's not the case.  Each year we pray and then watch God lead us to wonderful contacts.  And I see the same thing happening all around the country for others who are packing boxes also.  Let's give God credit because whether you are packing one box or thousands of boxes--everything you need always comes from Him.

So today was my birthday and I got a great gift as the 44,000 pens I ordered for our packing party (2 will be put into each box) arrived via 18-wheeler.   The timing was a perfect answer to prayer and my sweet husband and my dear team member, Pam, were both there to help with the unloading.

In only 1.5 hours we got them all opened, inspected, and loaded into the storage container.  These are nice pens at a low cost--a perfect gift from God.


After dealing with the pens we headed to a packing party team meeting.  Excitement is building as we're only 44 days away from our 5th annual event.
In just a bit over 6 weeks these pens and a lot of other treasures will be on their way to bless children around the world.

Now THAT'S something to write about.

No comments:

Post a Comment