Wednesday, May 29, 2013

More for Moore

It's hard to believe it's been just over a week since those devastating tornadoes hit in Oklahoma.  I'll bet they feel like it's been a lifetime ago.

With all the tragedies and devastation highlighted in the news lately, it's easy to see it and just move on.  But for the people affected there, life will not be the same for a long, long time.

Samaritan's Purse is a reputable and efficient relief organization that was on the ground soon after the storm working to bring hope and comfort.

I want to help support them in a small way, so I'm going to run a 'virtual 5k' on Friday morning.  I'll be joining many others around the country who will also be raising funds for the work of Samaritan's Purse in Oklahoma.

My 5k will just be seven laps around the block but I'll pray as I go--not only for those in Oklahoma but also for God's blessings on those who are donating to help them.

My goal is to raise $500 by Friday, and so far the total is just at $170.  If you want to be a part of this, you can click here to go to the link for my fundraising page to contribute online.

No donation is too small, and together we can do MORE.

No comments:

Post a Comment