Thursday, May 31, 2012

Clogs in God's Plan


A week ago I got a tip from clipwithpurpose.com that a medical supply company, allheart.com, had nursing clogs on clearance for $1.00 a pair (original price $33 per pair.)  Knowing how important good shoes can be for children who have none, I got onto the site as fast as I could and ordered 71 pairs for our Operation Christmas Child shoeboxes.

That night I started praying about whether I should order more.  The price was right, but I already have enough clothing items and I'm running out of storage.  The next morning I prayed about this again while I was running and I couldn't shake the idea that I should order more shoes.

I came home and got online and ordered another 159 pairs and by having a $159 order I got $20 off and with the minimal shipping charge the cost per pair was only 98 cents.

After placing the order I started to have second thoughts and wondered where I would store all these shoes.  But I knew they'd be such a blessing so I asked God to work this all out.

The next day I got an e-mail from the company that my first order was canceled because all the items were out of stock.  I chalked it up to another case of "too good to be true" and thanked God that He had it all under control.

I figured my second order would be canceled as well, so I was truly surprised to get an e-mail informing me they were shipping 32 pairs of the 159 pairs I ordered on my second order.   And the best part was that they still allowed me the $20 discount even though I only ended up with a $32 order.  So in the end I paid less than 70 cents for each pair of $33 nursing clogs.

Today they arrived in a nice huge carton--each pair in its own separate shoe box--how great is that!  For a mere $22.99,  32 girls will each get a pair of quality shoes.

I love how God put these clogs in His plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment